Here is my spiritual thought for the week! Jacob 6:2-3 "the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard ... And how blessed are they who have labored diligently in his vineyard"
I am here, a servant of the Lord, laboring diligently! And it is a great life I am living! I am helping to gather Israel and I am doing it all because I love the Lord and I know this church is His true church on the earth today. I know the Book of Mormon is true, it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. I have a copy of the Book of Mormon dedicated to just marking all the references to Christ and literally there is not a single page, or hardly any columns that do not have something highlighted. It really does testify of Christ. As a missionary, "we talk of christ, we rejoice in christ, we preach of Christ" (2 Nephi 25:26) and I will tell you one thing, rejoicing in Christ is definitely something I do every day! Every day may not be joyful but there is something joyful in every day. Missionary work is hard, knocking doors for hours in the pouring rain or snow, in skirts, getting doors slammed in my face, being mistaken for the amish (lol), and being laughed at is tough. But it is worth it. I have never been so happy. If you need more joy in your life, serve a mission. It is the best decision I have ever made. I wasn't sure how well I would be able to do it, talking to strangers, working non stop all day, having to be knowledgeable about the scriptures and the doctrine. But the Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. Somehow I am able to talk easily to these strangers, I have strength and energy to work all day, and I have been given the knowledge of the scriptures and the doctrine, I have studied them and the spirit has taught me so much! I love being a missionary! I can do all things through christ.
Let your Faith be bigger than your fear and it will all work out. I am so thankful to be a missionary!
Love, Sister Bates
5500 Copper Dr apt 201 Erie, PA 16509
No comments:
Post a Comment